You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the 'Newsletter Subscriptions' tab when logged in to your customer account. If you do not have an account with us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Find the best firmness level for you.
What does mattress firmness mean?
In your search for the correct mattress you are usually faced with the choice of mattress firmness. But what exactly does mattress firmness mean? When lying down, your spine should be aligned orthopaedically correct. For this, it is important that the mattress is not too soft and not too hard. This is where the mattress firmness comes in and you must decide on what is suitable for your individual needs. If you choose the wrong degree of firmness it can lead to long-lasting damage to the spine, unnecessary tension and back discomfort.
If the mattress is too soft, it may give little support to the spine and the entire body will then sag. This then leads to constant back problems. In this case, a different mattress with a higher degree of firmness should be selected.
If the mattress is too hard, it may mean that your skin is being pressed too hard and not enough blood circulation is allowed to flow. This causes sleepy arms or legs. At night, your body must recover and regenerate, so it is very important to make sure your body has proper circulation. If you notice that your mattress is too hard you should look into sleeping on a softer mattress
Levels of Firmness
Mattresses are available in 5 different degrees of firmness. Here is an overview:
- Hardness 1: Mattresses with the hardness H1 are very rare, as this degree of hardness is only suitable for adults up to 60 kg. These are usually custom-made.
- Hardness 2: People weighing between 60 and 80 kg should choose this degree of hardness.
- Hardness 3: Mattresses with a hardness of H3 are most frequently bought. The upper limit of such a mattress is 110 kg.
- Hardness 4: A mattress with hardness H4 has an upper limit of 140 kg and is described as very firm.
- Hardness 5: The hardness degree H5 is one of the rarest degrees of hardness with the hardness H1. They are also usually made of special products for people weighing over 140 kg.
- Depending on the mattress manufacturer, however, these details may vary. As there are no fixed rules on how to specify the degree of hardness, manufacturers are free to decide on these designations. Some manufacturers use, for example, designations such as "F1", "soft", "medium" etc.
Emma Original Mattress firmness
Emma Original Mattress has a medium firmness which allows the body to slightly sink into the mattress, thus keeping the spine in alignment and allowing for just the right amount of body support. But the firmness of our mattress is adjustable! When you get your mattress, try it out for a few weeks and if you don´t feel comfortable you can get back to us and we will send you a free of charge memory foam comfort layer, either soft or firm, to adjust the mattress to your preferences and maximize your comfort! You can also buy a memory foam mattress topper.
Because needs vary between individuals, we offer 100 nights to test the Emma Original Mattress risk free! The trial period starts on the day of the delivery. You can test the Emma Original Mattress for 100 nights to decide whether or not you are satisfied with our product. If you realise the mattress is not the perfect mattress for you, we will arrange a pick-up date and full refund for you!